The certificate III guarantee program gives eligible Queenslanders access to government-subsidised training through a Skills Assure provider. We are proud to be a Skills Assure provider!
By choosing a subsidised course through a Skills Assure provider, you can gain skills that are valued by industry and will help get you a job once you have finished your studies.
For more information, please see the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee Student Factsheet.
At Protea College, the following courses are eligible for funding under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program:
To receive subsidised training under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- – Be a Queensland resident
- – Be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- – Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
- – Not hold, or be enrolled in, a certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training).
Students must also be able to prove their eligibility by providing evidence documents when they enrol.
Once a subsidised course has been completed, students will not be eligible for another subsidised course under the program.
Students receiving a Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy must contribute towards the cost of their training.
- – Non-concessional students: $49/course
- – Concessional students: $29/course
(concessional students are those that are: Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students; and/or those that hold a current Health Care Card or veteran’s card; and/or the carer of someone who holds an eligible card)
For our refund policy, please see the Protea College Student Handbook for our terms, conditions and cancellations policy.