The Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee and Higher Level Skills programs provide a government subsidy (i.e. not a loan that needs to be paid back, like VET FEE-HELP) to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school Certificate III and/or Certificate IV or higher-level qualification.
To receive subsidised training under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- – Aged 15 years or older
- – No longer attending school
- – Australian citizen or permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen
- – Queensland resident
- – Not have completed or currently be enrolled in a Certificate III or higher level qualification (excluding qualifications completed at school). Students undertaking a Higher Level Skills qualification may have previously completed a Certificate III-level qualification.
Students must also be able to prove their eligibility by providing evidence documents when they enrol.
Once a subsidised course has been completed, students will not be eligible for another subsidised course under the programs.
For more information please see the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee Student Factsheet or Higher Level Skills Student Factsheet.
At Protea College, the following courses are eligible for funding under the Certificate 3 Guarantee/Higher Level Skills programs:
For learners in need of foundational skills training only – students wishing to receive the subsidy for these courses must undergo an assessment with Protea College prior to enrolment.
Students receiving a Certificate 3 Guarantee/Higher Level Skills subsidy must contribute towards the cost of their training.
Protea College’s current student contribution fees vary by study mode and other factors. See your Letter of Offer for exact pricing. Indicative fees:
- – Non-concessional students: $49/course or $2 per unit
- – Concessional students: $29/course or $1 per unit (concessional students are those that are: Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students; and/or those that hold a current Health Care Card or veteran’s card; and/or the carer of someone who holds an eligible card)
To help the Queensland Government monitor the success of the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program, all students who receive subsidised training under the program must complete a short survey within three (3) months of completing or withdrawing from their course. If you are a Protea College student needing to complete the learner survey, click here or contact the college to complete the survey.