The Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee and Higher Level Skills programs provide a government subsidy (i.e. not a loan that needs to be paid back, like VET FEE-HELP) to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school Certificate III and/or Certificate IV or higher-level qualification.
To receive subsidised training under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- – Aged 15 years or older
- – No longer attending school
- – Australian citizen or permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen
- – Queensland resident
- – Not have completed or currently be enrolled in a Certificate III or higher level qualification (excluding qualifications completed at school). Students undertaking a Higher Level Skills qualification may have previously completed a Certificate III-level qualification.
Students must also be able to prove their eligibility by providing evidence documents when they enrol.
Once a subsidised course has been completed, students will not be eligible for another subsidised course under the programs.
For more information please see the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee Student Factsheet or Higher Level Skills Student Factsheet.
At Protea College, the following courses are eligible for funding under the Certificate 3 Guarantee/Higher Level Skills programs:
For learners in need of foundational skills training only – students wishing to receive the subsidy for these courses must undergo an assessment with Protea College prior to enrolment.
Students receiving a Certificate 3 Guarantee/Higher Level Skills subsidy must contribute towards the cost of their training.
Protea College’s current student contribution fees are:
- – Non-concessional students: $49/course
- – Concessional students: $29/course (concessional students are those that are: Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students; and/or those that hold a current Health Care Card or veteran’s card; and/or the carer of someone who holds an eligible card)
To help the Queensland Government monitor the success of the Certificate 3 Guarantee Program, all students who receive subsidised training under the program must complete a short survey within three (3) months of completing or withdrawing from their course. If you are a Protea College student needing to complete the learner survey, click here or contact the college to complete the survey.