We are proud to be a Skills Assure provider! The new Skills Assure identifier makes it easier to recognise providers that offer training subsidised by the Queensland Government. By choosing a subsidised course through a Skills Assure supplier, you can gain skills that are valued by industry and will help get you a job once you are finished your studies.Ask us about our subsidised courses and how you can enrol. Find out more about Skills Assure at desbt.qld.gov.au/skillsassure
The Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee and Higher Level Skills programs provide a government subsidy (i.e. not a loan that needs to be paid back, like VET FEE-HELP) to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school Certificate III and/or Certificate IV or higher-level qualification.
To receive subsidised training under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- – Aged 15 years or older
- – No longer attending school
- – Australian citizen or permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen
- – Queensland resident
- – Not have completed or currently be enrolled in a Certificate III or higher level qualification (excluding qualifications completed at school). Students undertaking a Higher Level Skills qualification may have previously completed a Certificate III-level qualification.
Students must also be able to prove their eligibility by providing evidence documents when they enrol.
Once a subsidised course has been completed, students will not be eligible for another subsidised course under the programs.
For more information please see the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee Student Factsheet or Higher Level Skills Student Factsheet.
At Protea College, the following courses are eligible for funding under the Certificate 3 Guarantee/Higher Level Skills programs:
Please Note: Business Services (BSB) qualifications are currently undergoing transition and teach out following the release of the new BSB 7.0 training package. Enrolment may be limited. Please contact the college for more information.
** NOTE: In addition to other eligibility criteria, students must be owner, manager or employee of a Queensland-based small business.
Students receiving a Certificate 3 Guarantee/Higher Level Skills subsidy must contribute towards the cost of their training.
Protea College’s current student contribution fees vary by study mode and other factors. See your Letter of Offer for exact pricing. Indicative fees:
- – Non-concessional students: $49/course or $2 per unit
- – Concessional students: $29/course or $1 per unit (concessional students are those that are: Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students; and/or those that hold a current Health Care Card or veteran’s card; and/or the carer of someone who holds an eligible card)
To help the Queensland Government monitor the success of the Certificate 3 Guarantee and Higher Level Skills programs, all students who receive subsidised training under the program must complete a short training and employment survey within three (3) months of completing or withdrawing from their course. If you are a Protea College student needing to complete the learner survey, click here or contact the college to complete the survey.