Certificate III in Business is nationally recognised training that leads to a level 3 AQF certification. This course teaches entry-level business skills and knowledge that are applicable across a broad range of industries. If you aspire to a career in the business world, this is the ideal course to get you started!
Certificate III in Business – BSB30120
Course Description / Overview
- BSBCRT311 – Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBPEF201 – Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBSUS211 – Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTWK301 – Use inclusive work practices
- BSBWHS311 – Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCM301 – Engage in workplace communication
- BSBTEC303 – Create electronic presentations
- BSBWRT311 – Write simple documents
- BSBPEF301 – Organise personal work priorities
- BSBOPS304 – Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBOPS305 – Process customer complaints
- SIRXCEG002 – Assist with customer difficulties
- BSBPUR301 – Purchase goods and services
*Electives may be changed at any stage at the discretion of the College.
Possible Career/ Job Opportunities
- Customer Service Advisor
- General Clerk
- Data Entry Operator
- Office Junior
- Administrative assistant
Upon completion of this course, you can undertake a certificate IV in business or similar qualification.
What you'll learn (Learning Outcomes)
Become trained in:
- Workplace health and safety practices
- Customer service
- Managing business information
- Developing business documents, including spreadsheets
- Working effectively as part of a team, and independently
- Delivering effective presentations
- Must be completed within 12 months.
- Our self-paced learning allows you to complete your course earlier than the recommended duration.
Support and Delivery
Support available to students includes:
- Face to face support from trainers (drop-in sessions)
- Phone, email, and video chat/ zoom support
- Peer support
- Career planning workshops
- Access your course materials online
Access to all learning materials is provided online.
What do students need:
- Computer/ Laptop
- Word processing software such as Microsoft office, Libre office etc.
- Internet access
- Short answer questions
- Case-studies/ Scenarios
- Role-play/ oral presentations
Credit Transfer / Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL options are available. See the Protea College Domestic Student Handbook for further information.
Protea College Entry Requirements
- 18 years and over
- Have sound communication skills
- Complete language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) test (An online test will be sent to you after enrolment)
Study Mode (Modes of Delivery)
Online, self-paced learning.
Funding is available for eligible domestic students under the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program. See the Certificate III Guarantee page for more information.
For students that are not eligible, the full fee for the course is $1497.
Enrol anytime. Refer to the Protea College Domestic Student Handbook for more information.