Certificate III in Business is nationally recognised training that leads to a level 3 AQF certification. This course teaches entry-level business skills and knowledge that are applicable across a broad range of industries. If you aspire to a career in the business world, this is the ideal course to get you started!
Certificate III in Business – BSB30120
Course Description / Overview
- BSBCRT311 – Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBPEF201 – Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBSUS211 – Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTWK301 – Use inclusive work practices
- BSBWHS311 – Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCM301 – Engage in workplace communication
- BSBTEC303 – Create electronic presentations
- BSBWRT311 – Write simple documents
- BSBPEF301 – Organise personal work priorities
- BSBOPS304 – Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBOPS305 – Process customer complaints
- SIRXCEG002 – Assist with customer difficulties
- BSBPUR301 – Purchase goods and services
Note: electives may be subject to change.
Possible Career/ Job Opportunities
- Customer Service Advisor
- General Clerk
- Data Entry Operator
- Office Junior
- Administrative assistant
Upon completion of this course, you can undertake a certificate IV in business or similar qualification.
What you'll learn (Learning Outcomes)
Become trained in:
- Workplace health and safety practices
- Customer service
- Managing business information
- Developing business documents, including spreadsheets
- Working effectively as part of a team, and independently
- Delivering effective presentations
- Must be completed within 12 months.
- Our self-paced learning allows you to complete your course earlier than the recommended duration.
Support and Delivery
Support available to students includes:
- Face to face support from trainers (drop-in sessions)
- Phone, email, and video chat/ zoom support
- Peer support
- Career planning workshops
- Access your course materials online
Access to all learning materials is provided online.
What do students need:
- Computer/ Laptop
- Word processing software such as Microsoft office, Libre office etc.
- Internet access
- Short answer questions
- Case-studies/ Scenarios
- Role-play/ oral presentations
Credit Transfer / Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL options are available. See Protea College Domestic student handbook for further information.
Protea College Entry Requirements
- 18 years and over
- Have sound communication skills
- Complete language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) test (An online test will be sent to you after enrolment)
Study Mode (Modes of Delivery)
Funding is available for eligible domestic students under the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program. See the Certificate III Guarantee page for more information.
For students that are not eligible, the full fee for the course is $1497.
Enrol anytime. Refer to the Protea College Domestic Student Handbook for more information.