Certificate IV in Project Management Practice teaches the skills you need to contribute to the successful management of projects, no matter the industry. You’ll learn how to apply techniques to manage project scope, quality, time, cost, human resources, information and communication, procurement, risk, and stakeholder engagement.
This qualification consists of 9 units:
- BSBPMG420 Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBPMG421 Apply project time management techniques
- BSBPMG422 Apply project quality management techniques
- BSBPMG423 Apply project cost management techniques
- BSBPMG429 Apply project stakeholder engagement techniques
- BSBPMG424 Apply project human resources management approaches
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
Candidates may enter the qualification through a number of entry points including:
- Certificate IV in Business or other relevant qualification, OR
- with vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior support roles but without a qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may choose to undertake a Diploma of Project Management or a range of other qualifications
How to apply techniques to manage projects:
- Information and Communication
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Procurement Procedures
- Human Resources
- Number of study weeks: 20 weeks
- Holiday weeks: 8 weeks
- Total Course Duration: 28 weeks
- Number of hours per week: 20 contact hours
Class timetable: Classes may be held between 8:30 am-9 pm, Monday- Saturday (excluding public holidays). Students are advised of their class timetables during orientation.
Please refer to the Protea College Term Calendar.
Students will have access to the following course materials:
- Study Guides
- Assessment packs
- Power-point presentations
- Online course content
- Internet access
- Links to external resources
- Overhead projectors
- Library resources
Assessments/ evidence-gathering techniques may include:
- Role Play / Video recordings/ Presentation / Discussion Forums
- Oral – Questioning
- Case study
- Written assessments/Report/Essay/Research/Group Project
Students may be required to submit video presentations. They may also be required to participate in an oral interview at the end of their course.
Students can apply for RPL/ Credit transfer based on prior work experience and/or education/training. Please note that the course duration may be reduced if RPL/ Credits are granted and the confirmation of enrolment will be adjusted accordingly.
Please contact us at email@example.com for up-to-date pricing.